Engagements Kids Quinceañeras Seniors Slideshows/Videos Studio Weddings
Eclipsi Photography Personal Blog MySpace Foro de Fotógrafos

Why "Eclipsi"? Several reasons. A lot of things have fascinated me since I was a little kid. A few have determined my personality and who I am. Three things have caught my attention predominantly: Languages, People, and the Universe. More...



Saturday, April 26, 2008

Lucero and the Mariachi Conference

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Last Friday, April the 25th, something amazing happened! I got way too close to my Country, my Mexico, my roots, my culture, my folklore, my traditions, my music...ah!my music... all in one place!. The 2008 International Mariachi Conference took place at the Tucson Convention Center. This time: Lucero was the headline. I couldn't believe this event has been an ongoing presentation for the past 8 years and I had been missing it!!. You have to experience this feast of colors, instruments, voices, the dances, I mean, everything!. Let me tell you that I am sooo proud of having such a tremendous and rich cultural background. The mariachi music involves so much passion, so much feeling that it's hard to describe, just powerful, period. The folklorico dances were a beautiful display of colors and sincronized tapping that made my heart beat faster. So much talent, so many little kids with an incredible ability to play the instruments so flawlesly. Lucero: beautiful, enchanting..what else is new with Lucero...Anyways, here are a few pictures, make sure to double click on the Album to see a Full page display!! I have too many pictures and it was hard to decide which ones to post...Enjoy!!!

Double click on the Album to see a Full Page display!

1 comment: